How to Change Languages on Your Device (Smart Typewriter)
Your Freewrite supports writing in many different languages. To write in a language other than English, you will need to install new keyboard mappings to your device. To do this, complete the following steps:
1. Login to Postbox, click on your email address in the upper right-hand corner, and go to "Device settings."
2. Enable the languages in which you would like to write. Note: English is installed by default and cannot be removed.
- Turn on your device and make sure it is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Your device will instantly update its available languages automatically.
5. To change your keyboard mapping to the new languages, you can cycle through by holding [new] and pressing [shift]. A two-letter designator will show on the status screen to indicate which keyboard mapping is currently active.
- Write on!
If you have any issues installing a new language, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: There are 2 different EN (INTL) layouts. The 1st, "EN (INTL)" enables typing with diacritical marks (like accent marks) using the deadkey system. The 2nd, "EN (INTL ALT GR)" uses the ALT GR button to access these diacritical marks.