Smart Typewriter - How to change languages
Your Freewrite device supports writing in many different languages. In order to write in a language other than English, you will need to install new languages to your device via Postbox.
To add new languages, complete the following steps:
1. Login to Postbox go to 'Device settings' from the menu by clicking on your email address in upper right hand corner.
2. Enable the languages you'd like to write. You can add as many languages as you'd like by typing them.
3. Turn on your device and ensure it's connected to WiFi.
4. Your device will instantly update its available languages automatically when connected to Wifi.
5. To verify successful download & change your keyboard to a new language, cycle through language layouts by holding [new] and pressing [shift]. A two letter designator will show on the status screen to indicate which keyboard mapping is currently active.
*Note: English is installed by default and cannot be removed.
*Note: There are 2 different EN (INTL) layouts. The 1st, "EN (INTL)" enables typing with diacritical marks (like accent marks) using the deadkey system. The 2nd, "EN (INTL ALT GR)" uses the ALT GR button to access these diacritical marks.