Traveler Firmware Update Procedure
The Traveler is able to receive firmware updates via its Wi-Fi connection to the internet. In this way, we are able to offer continuous improvement of the device.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The latest Traveler firmware version is v1.1.6. If you already have this firmware, there is no need to update. You can check the firmware version your Traveler is currently running on by pressing the (new) button in the WiFi cluster-- your current firmware version will be displayed at the top right corner of the WiFi screen.
- Connect to Wi-Fi on your device and make sure you have a connection to the internet. There should be a solid line to the left and right of your email in the main status window on the Traveler to indicate that you are connected(a broken line on either side means you are disconnected).
Save documents to Postbox.
- For maximum redundancy, make sure that all of your drafts are synced to Postbox before updating.
Leave Traveler turned on and idle.
- Your device will begin downloading the update the next time the device goes to sleep. Please note that you may need to prompt your device to sleep by pressing the power button after 5-10 minutes plugged in and idle. There will be no indication on the display that it is downloading.
Accept the upgrade.
- When the device has finished downloading the update, a screensaver will appear asking you to hold the power button down for 5 seconds to initiate the update.
- NOTE: Plug in your device prior to initiating the upgrade-- if your device is not plugged in, the update will fail and the system will ask you to try again. If you don’t want to update at that moment, you can still go on using your device as normal by pressing the power button to wake/sleep the device.
- After holding the power button for 5 seconds, the device will reboot into the installation process at which time it will ask you to wait for it to complete. It may reboot.
- When the update is finished, you should be back to where you left off writing.
- Please give the update time to propagate and download to your device.