Quick Start Guide (Traveler)
Click for a video walkthrough on how to use Traveler like a pro.
Download the PDF version of the Traveler User Manual
1. Turn on your Traveler
Turn on your Traveler and quickly get to writing by pressing the red power button in the center of the device.
2. Start Your First
Your device will boot into the Traveler software. Once booted, follow the onscreen prompts to start your first draft.
3. Connect Traveler to Postbox for the first time
Connect your Traveler to Wi-Fi and Postbox. Postbox is Freewrite's complimentary web app that helps you manage your documents and device settings. Your Postbox account will be created through this step.
- Press the ‘new’ button at the top right corner of your keyboard
- The screen will update to show available networks
- Select a network with the number keys or use[pg dn] or[pg up] to see more networks
- If connecting to a secure network, you will be prompted to enter a password
- Once you’re successfully connected to Wi-Fi, you will be prompted to enter an email address. The email you enter will be associated to you Postbox account
- In order to confirm your email, please repeat your email address
- A successful Wi-Fi connection prompt will appear
- Press the‘on’ button at the top right corner of your keyboard to keep your Wi-Fi setting on
- Successful Postbox connection prompt will appear
- The device will automatically connect with your new Postbox account
- A temporary password for Postbox will be sent to your email address
4. Update Password
Once you have received your temporary password, you need to go online to log into Postbox:
- Go to postbox.getfreewrite.com on your computer through your favorite internet browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc.)
- Use your temporary password & email address to log into postbox
- To change your Postbox password, go to settings by clicking on "your email" in the top left corner of the website.
- Click <My Account> to update your password
- Enter the old (temporary) password, then enter your new password. Once entered, click "Done"